5.28.2013

I Love Being a Missionary!

I love being a missionary! today is memorial day and because it is also p day we get permission to go to the ward party and play games I was able to go and play volley ball it was so much fun and then to be with so many friends that I have met here in Grrrr.  These people are so great and have such a great heritage and love for the freedom we have it was pretty neat to experience.  And the best part is that I did not get hurt playing sports so that was a plus.  This past week we have been in a rut so we dropped all of our investigators all of them and started off fresh and we met Ashley Owens who is so sweet and loves Jesus and the spirit that we have and she is on Date for June 15th but her only issue is she works on Sundays and can’t come to church so I am asking you all to pray for her to come to church this Sunday so she can be baptized.  We also met Deb who I did not meet but sister miller did on an exchange and she is pretty neat loves to talk but she feels her faith growing with us and when she learns but her issue is her husband is a preacher for another church but she wants to learn so we are going to teach and we know that everything will work itself out the Lord is amazing like that.  
So on Saturday we were walking to a less active and we were by this restaurant when this car drives by and then a lady gets out holding a book like a bible and she starts walking over to us like she is going to bible bash and I was like OK bring it on the lord led us here for a reason and so bring it and then I said a prayer and then right as we got to her sister miller starts to hug her and my jaw dropped in amazement and it turns out it was another less active that she met on an exchange and I was so relieved because I do not like arguing especially about the Book of Mormon or the bible I like to teach and help others but I laughed about it afterward and was grateful she was not a crazy person wanting to fight us but we had a great lunch with her and her non-member husband who is very interested in learning.
Then on Friday we were walking again and we both felt impressed to go to this road that made no sense to go to because there are no houses for a mile and it would have been a waste of time but sister miller being her awesomeness felt that we should go and so we went after dropping everything we had originally planned and we knocked every door and nothing until it was time to go and we found a girl walking her name was Tori and we talked to her and found out she was taught about a year ago but had really bad depression and stopped listening.  I then recognized where we were and I knew I had met her before right when I got here in Grrrr and found out that I did service for her she said she was ready to learn again and we of course are glad to teach her.  
I love this gospel especially the atonement yesterday at church we learned all about the atonement and I could feel the spirit so much it was so powerful and I am so grateful for the atonement and that it overcomes my weaknesses and allows me to be here.  I love you all and pray for you always be good and CTR.


Love, Sister Browning


        
This is a picture of me and sister Miller and our pet stuffed elephant Hortina praying before we go out for the day I know it is weird but yet funny... 

This is me and truffles the pig she sounds like a pig but looks like a dog

No comments:

Post a Comment