1.28.2013

Hello From Greer!

Hello from beautiful Grrr South Carolina this past week just flew by I do not know where it went.  So this week we have been spending a lot of time with KK who is getting baptized on the 26th she is so excited and her two little boys zander (2) and Christopher (1) are a handful but they are so cute and fun and love going to church too.  We have been really focusing on getting her involved with the members and the ward.  She came to church yesterday and we saw her later and visited and after she said the sweetest prayer.  She has been looking for a church and has never found one that could answer all the questions she had until she read the book of Mormon and it all clicked and made sense to her that  Christ would come to the America's and teach them the gospel as he did in Jerusalem. After that everything fell into place she has no word of wisdom issues because she never wanted to be that type of example to her kids. At church so many ward members had nonmembers come that we got super overwhelmed but it was a great experience to talk to and meet so many people and we were grateful for the members and their trust in us to introduce us to their friends and family it was super comforting. KK is a big focus for us and just helping her and making sure she has everything she needs and is ready for the 26th but I know it is her time to be baptized and that is what the Lord wants for her right now.

So Pretty cool experience we had a mission wide sisters conference in Columbia on Wed and I got to see all of my old companions and Sister Garlick who is still in Florence came up to me and told me a girl we met was getting baptized and I was so shocked and this is why.  So one hot day in Florence we had a rough day nothing was working out like it should have and it was almost time to go in but I said lets do one more door so we did and we met Rosland who was not friendly in fact she yelled at us an told us of where she thought we were going and on and on and on.  We managed to leave and get home but it hurt really bad.  On the next Monday Preparation day I got an email and in the email I read a quote from the previous general conference in the priesthood session from President Monson he said that the way Heavenly Father sees his children is how we should see them too and so I felt bad because my impression of Rosland was not good but I decided to forgive her and love her as heavenly fathers daughter even if she hates me and the gospel.  At the sisters Conference this past wed I Found out that she got baptized and that she had a change of heart somewhere and now she is happy.  I learned to never give up and always see people as they really are not a number or just a normal person but a child of God.  I love y'all and hope you have a great week and day keep warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment