9.24.2012

Hey Ya'll!

Hey y'all from Florence South Carolina so this morning I woke up and we went outside to exercise and I about had to come in because it was so cold when I looked at the thermostat for outside it was on 60 degrees which is pretty cold and it is not as humid.  Things are definitely changing from the leaves to the people.  This past week went by so fast that it is unbelievable.  We focused on teaching our new investigators and even found a few in the process.  We contacted Quilteen Williams who was a referral from another member in a different ward we have been trying to find her and we managed to talk to her on the phone once but never got to meet her so we just accepted the fact that she was avoiding us and did not want to meet with us and also we heard that she was antied by the same person who referred her? I know it does not make sense but we were trying to find out what to do all of our appointments were cancelling and we would follow our plans and nothing would come so we decided to give Quilteen one last shot at trying to contact her since we were in the area even though we did not plan to contact her so we went and knocked and she opened the door and let us right in and said that she was hoping that we would come by she had lost our phone number and could not contact us in any other way. We went and taught her the first lesson and she loved it and was excited to read The Book of Mormon and know if the church is what she needs but the downside is that she works like crazy and is a very hard person to get into contact with but we will pray and let everything work out and do our part in helping her accept the gospel it seems like a no brainer to accept this church as the only true church with the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ but every day it amazes me when people look at us and just say "Oh you are just another church" but we are not we are the only true church and people have a hard time seeing it and even experimenting by reading the Book of Mormon.  Most people who grow up in the south believe that there is no set one true church but that there are many churches that are true it is a constant struggle but I love finding people like Quilteen who realize that they have not yet found that church because all the others are missing something. Last Monday for p day there is a park by our apartment called Jefferies park and it is by a creek and also it is in the woods and trees and looks really fun and cool well we went there and stayed for about five minutes all due to the fact of mosquitos which were a lot larger than the ones in Idaho I will tell you that and they were eating us like crazy you could see the teeth on them I tried to get a picture but they moved to fast and I am not aching to go back any time soon so sorry.  Prayer is becoming a big part of my mission I definitely am receiving blessings and answers to my prayers constantly.  Heavenly Father is using me here and I am doing my best to accomplish all that he wants me to.  Thanks for the prayers they are a big part of why I am so blessed. I love being a missionary!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment