7.03.2013

Hopkins is Great!

Hey ya’ll it has been a warm and rainy week here in Hopkins but it is oh so great I love it everyday rumor has it is a little toasty there know I am praying for rain and for ya’ll every day.  This past week was great we worked hard and had a lot of success.  So a few weeks ago we met Nima lee who is 80 and she was outside and we went and talked with her and she wanted nothing to do with us but we talked about her mini chickens that she has and then we offered to help her weed her garden and she accepted and it took a few weeks but we finally got back to her and she had nothing for us to do so she offered to take us on a tour of her mini farm on her golf cart so we got on and went on a tour and then she gave us mini eggs from her chickens it was so great but the best part was that she was looking for another church and wanted to come on Sunday to church with us our jaws opened and then she did come but it was funny because everyone she talked to she told I am a Baptist and I am not changing  I am just visiting so we think it will take some time but she felt the spirit and became very interested in family history so we are going to try that approach.
We would be walking and finding and we would meet so many people who really needed us or we would find people who were searching and we would find them we definitely felt the lord leading us to find those who are prepared for us to teach and find so we have a pretty busy week planned with sifting and more finding.
The ward is so great they love us and see our hard work and love for us to come and they treated Nima lee so well she felt loved by them whether she wants to admit it or not.
I love being a missionary I am so grateful every day for this work and for a companion who is willing to work hard and to do the hard things we are learning every day I love seeing her eyes open and experience this great work and think of how much more she will gain in this t time.  I feel very humbled to be a part of this great work and gospel and everything that I have my family my friends and the church my heart is full.
Thanks for the love and support and prayers I love and feel them. Till next week.
Sister Erica Browning





No comments:

Post a Comment